East Tennessee Community Design Center
Under supervision of the executive director, the intern will work closely with social media platforms, email software, and web development software to raise awareness of ETCDC activities. This will be a paid internship ranging from 7.5-15 hrs/week based on ETCDC needs and student’s academic schedule.
The intern will help us tell our story on a daily basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working closely with ETCDC staff members to understand and communicate
projects and events to the public.
• Maintaining a social media presence for ETCDC on facebook, twitter, and
other platforms that effectively communicate ETCDC’s accomplishments, events, and mission, while always making sure to give due credit to volunteers and clients.
• Relaying updates about ETCDC’s activities to members and other
interested parties through newsletters emailed via Constant Contact.
• Keeping ETCDC website up-to-date and easy to navigate.
• Developing Press Releases about ETCDC events and projects to send to East
Tennessee media sources.
• Attending and reporting on ETCDC and events as needed.
ETCDC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to make East Tennessee a better place to live and work by bringing professional design and planning assistance to community groups and nonprofit organizations. East Tennessee Community Design Center receives pro bono design assistance from area architects, landscape architects, planners and other professionals. The center is a 501(c)(3) corporation with an all-volunteer board of directors and a small staff of three full-time and three part-time staff.